Happy 4th from Chicago


I know its been awhile since I've posted...sorry. We are gearing up for a move back to Texas and things have been crazy traveling here and there for weddings and graduations.

As we sat on our balcony last night and watched show after show of fireworks I couldn't help but think back to the previous years past fourth of Julys and reminisce about each and every one.


Since my mom brain has a hard time remembering before kids I'll start with our first July 4th as a family of three.


2011
Maddox was five weeks old in this picture. We spent the fourth at my in-laws and watched fireworks on the dock. I'm pretty sure I nursed him while we watched them.



2012
M was thirteen months when we celebrated our second July 4th as a family of three. We were on vacation in Florida this year. We put M to bed at his normal time and snuck out on the balcony, which was in his room, to watch fireworks. This was probably my favorite July fourth to date. We had such a wonderful trip and Florida is beautiful! We were able to see several firework shows from our condo.


2013


Last year M was two and EC was six months old. Ryan was traveling for work and the kids and I were at my parents house for the fourth. We let M stay up to see fireworks. My parents live on a cul-de-sac and we watched from their front yard. M was so excited ( not scared AT ALL) and kept shouting " WOW, WOW!" 








2014
This year we celebrated the fourth with Ryan's grandparents in the burbs. The kids had a wonderful time playing outside in the water and eating popsicles. We had a nice dinner before coming home to put the little guys to bed. When you live in a high rise the fireworks come to you, so we just watched them from our balcony. I dipped whatever we had in the fridge/pantry in chocolate and we enjoyed out night reminiscing about the past.





No comments :

Post a Comment